Saturday, August 4, 2012

Memory Lane

I have learned about myself in recent weeks that if I journal or blog with the intent of catching up from my last post, I will never do it. So, instead I've been writing about whatever's on my mind at the moment.

My younger sister is coming to BYU this year, and I'm about to start my Senior year. And it's blowing my mind. I have no idea how I got here - I still feel like a scared frosh. But when I think back to high school (a milllion years ago) or meet up with new freshman on campus, I realize that maybe I have actually been here for a couple of years now.

I had a dream a couple nights ago about my freshman FHE family. We had something really special, something that I haven't been able to replicate since (mostly my fault - I set an impossible standard for future FHE groups :) )

On top of that, I found some puzzles that I used in the first FHE activity I ever coordinated. I think I need to throw them out - they're kinda a silly thing to take up room with. But I've taken pictures of them so that I can have the memories forever.


I miss those guys. A lot. Especially my family/friends that are still out on missions. It has been so precious to me to get weekly emails from Kyle, Nick, Cody, Scott, etc. I've also been blessed to run into Sidney and Danielle a few times in the ward I moved to, and run into my other sisters. I am so proud of all of us, but sometimes I'm sad that we moved in such different ways.

I'm so excited for Chrysta to come and have the freshman year that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment